Saturday, May 8, 2010

Curling up with the gods

It's been a blah week spent getting back to a normal schedule. Highlights included the our kids' open house at school, sorting through books for their book sale and a lovely gift from our daughter.

She borrowed a book from her classroom for me to read. She loves to share books with me and I love to read them, this one in particular: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.

It's fantastic. Full of magic, myth and adventure, the story brings characters from Greek mythology into the present. The young hero discovers who he is while on a quest to stop the outbreak of war among the gods. My daughter couldn't put it down and neither could I.

For one thing, I love children's lit and I love mythology. Two, I like to keep up with what she's reading. And it got me excited again. Nothing like a good tale to recharge my batteries and spark my creativity.

Now I just need cross some things of my to do list so I don't feel guilty when I grab the next book in the series...

No comments:

Post a Comment