Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunday in Merrickville

One of our favourite day trip destinations is Merrickville, a pretty little town on the Rideau Canal. Yesterday, it had a little to offer for all the family.

While my man and I looked at the bikes at the Merrickville First Annual Show and Shine motorcycle show, the kids voted the play structure that amused them as one of the best ever. It has sparked a summer quest where we hope to visit and rate a number of Ottawa area parks and play structures.


We went to Hucklebuck's, one of my favourite garden shops and got my girl some new gardening gloves. And, she agreed that means she has to help weed!


It was a short tour yesterday and we missed a number of other special stores including Mrs. McGarrigles, the glass blowing studio and the village metalsmiths.


Before we left, we stopped for ice cream.  The sweet smells of sugar washed over me when we went in The Downtowne Ice Cream & Candy Shoppe - wonderful! With flavours like chili chocolate and strawberry with carmelized onion, I couldn't resist tasting the ice cream. Amazing! Probably the best I've had. Out of all the flavours, the citrus gelato my boy had was the favourite. You must try it if you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment