Saturday, October 16, 2010

Favourite Hallowe'en Tales

When I'm laid low with a cold (like this week) I like to curl up with a mug of tea and a good book... or snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. This time I got to thinking what are the best horror flicks and books?

Let me qualify that by saying that I'm not into gore so slasher flicks like Hallowe'en and Friday the 13th need not apply. I like the Omen series though...perhaps because I watched the first one on a black & white set alone in my bedroom when I was a young teen. Scared the bejeezus out of me!



I like some good suspense, to get a little scared or creeped out. Here's my list; I'd love to hear what would be on yours!

Books/Authors
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker
  • Edgar Allen Poe
  • Stephen King
  • Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
  • Flowers in the Attick by V.C. Andrews
  • Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Films
  1. The Shining
  2. The Omen series
  3. The Sixth Sense
  4. The Amityville Horror
  5. Seven
  6. The Birds
  7. The Changeling (1980 version)
  8. Alien

1 comment:

  1. oh no not for me... the last scary film I saw was 'seven'... I almost didn't make it out of the cinema!!

    But I like scary books. As long as I'm not alone in the house!!!!

    ReplyDelete